+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GIANT FLOUNDER CAUGHT !!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,012 Posts

Default GIANT FLOUNDER CAUGHT !!!!

What a slob !!!!

Caught by a lady that catches big fish up in New Jersey all the time from what I'm hearing.

She has caught some quality fish, huge weakie(18lbs something on mullet) last aug, a big winter flounder this spring and 8.7lb stargazer last week and now this monster matt...
    She said she cut the throat to get the spro back out of the fish, caught on 65lb braid, in 55ft of water fishing outside the Shrewsbury Rocks (NJ) caught on a Spro bucktail tipped with squid.

This could be a new record boys !!! 011

Other catches she has supossedly made.

Fluke 8/17/07 24.3lb shrewsbury rocks
    weakfish 8/25/ 06 18.1oz off asbury
    winter flounder 4/14/07 4.54lbs navisink river
    northern stargazer think last week 8.7lbs ocean

"C-Phase"
    2008 238 DLV, 140 Suzuki
    Fishmaster T-top
    Wesco Trailer
    2001 16' J Series w/ 30 Hp Evinrude

Thanks

Default Re: GIANT FLOUNDER CAUGHT !!!!

hey Harry, I caught one just like that last night in my dreams..........hell the ones there are not even that big. got skunked yesterday........nice flat water though, gave the skiff a great run........Willie 010
    Willie, Lets go fishing......
    Just got 10 in Tan Hats .....Get them now for Spring.. EMAIL ME me for more info........

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,012 Posts

Bet you got a wet A$$ to boot...... :o
    "C-Phase"
    2008 238 DLV, 140 Suzuki
    Fishmaster T-top
    Wesco Trailer
    2001 16' J Series w/ 30 Hp Evinrude

Thanks

that is what they call a "doormat" down here.
    Tight lines and bent rods! former owner of '03 CS J16

Thanks

they call it that up here tooooooooooooo.............seems to have been some controversy over that fish, not on this site, but most of the others, will be interesting to see what if anything happens............Hey Harry, just got a bit wet, as it started to mist in drag channel I pulled in under the old route nine bridge and enjoyed the solitude, then when it came down a bit, decided to pull the crab traps and in a couple of minutes was pulling her out at Kennedy Park. Not tooooo wet though 010
    Just got 10 in Tan Hats .....Get them now for Spring.. EMAIL ME me for more info........

Thanks

UPDATE: They denied her record.

Despite allegations she didn't catch the fish, etc etc, she passed a polygraph test and made good with all requirements for a record dealing with gear, angler, line, etc...

still the record was denied over a technicality:
    She rested the rod on the gunnel when fighting the fish...

Story below:
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...ied_world.html

Fluke fisherwoman denied world record
    by Judy Peet Thursday September 20, 2007, 10:25 AM

Monica Oswald's World Record Fluke.

Monica Oswald, the Neptune nurse who was savaged in online discussion groups after she caught the largest summer flounder ever brought in with a rod and reel, has been denied a place in the record books.

The International Game Fish Association said today that Oswald broke IGFA rules in August when she briefly rested her pole on the rail of her boat while wrestling with a 24.3-pound fluke off the coast of Monmouth County.

"The tackle, the line, the leader and the (fishing) method were fine, but the rules specifically state you can't rest the rod," said IGFA world records coordinator Rebecca Wright.
    "It's unfortunate, because it was an outstanding catch, but rules are rules."

Summer flounder, a.k.a. fluke, is the most sought-after game fish on the eastern seaboard. Oswald's fish would have broken the world record set in 1975, and could have brought her six-figure endorsement deals.

Ever since her catch, however, anonymous posters on Internet fishing forums claimed she cheated and did not catch the fish herself. Oswald even took a lie detector test. The results were posted online this week. She passed.

Trim-Tab

Thanks

accepted record or not, my god that is a hell of a big fish........................ 012 012 to her..................Willie.... 010

+ Reply to Thread