+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lake Livingston - Pine Island

Thanks

Default Lake Livingston - Pine Island

This is the southern end of Pine Island in Lake Livingston, Texas. Supposed to be a great fishing spot but hasn't produced anything for me - yet...

J16 cc, 25 Yamaha 4-stroke, 10x13 Rascal prop, CMC-35 T/T, Smart Tabs
    For pictures of bikes, trikes, boats, my daughter singing, and more feel free to visit my home page

Thanks

Default Re: Lake Livingston - Pine Island

Great shot. Place looks "fishy" to me.
    2004 1980 DLX 90F Yama
    85 FXRS-00 ULTRA CLASSIC
    High Rock Lake/OBX N.C.

Thanks

Thats a great looking bank, just begging for a weedless worm to be tossed in.

Is that a light mounted on your outboard motor?
    2008 1765 DLX w/ Suzuki DF70

Thanks

Yes - Yamaha 25 comes like that, with a 'lighting coil' (alternator) on the engine to power it. I had to add a rectifier / regulator to charge my battery - it's a pull start so I guess they figured no need for a battery charger, but I wanted one as I run separate depth finder and GPS units. With that little current draw, I probably could have done without it, but wanted one in case I decide to add more accessories or a starter at some point in time.

It's nice not having to plug in a light pole, although I never take the boat out at night - too many obstructions on Lake Livingston to chance it.
    For pictures of bikes, trikes, boats, my daughter singing, and more feel free to visit my home page

Thanks

nice lake! lots of bass hiding cover! reminds me of some of our local lakes!
    Tight lines and bent rods! former owner of '03 CS J16

Thanks

Neat set up, a ligthing coil, no real need for a battery charger. I have never seen a set up like that, cool. 011

02bfishn 012
    A wise old man once said; the best times to go fishing is when its rainning and when its not. - Patrick McManus

2007 238DLV DF-140

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobreeves
    This is the southern end of Pine Island in Lake Livingston, Texas. Supposed to be a great fishing spot but hasn't produced anything for me - yet...
    Maybe you fishing at the wrong spots? 012 010
    GIORGOS
    SKIFFLESS BUT NOT BOATLESS

Thanks

I think wrong bait rather than wrong spots. I have a cast net on board and too damn lazy to use it. Live bait is best - particularly in the winter months in this area. I've been using frozen shad and various Walmart 'catfish bait' (total waste of $$ so far). Frozen shad work at times. But then again, I had a shad out back trolling last week and was casting a plug for bass and landed (and released) a pretty nice blue cat on a bass plug (not at Pine Island though). Wish these damn catfish would make up their minds what they want to eat...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobreeves
    I think wrong bait rather than wrong spots. I have a cast net on board and too damn lazy to use it. Live bait is best - particularly in the winter months in this area. I've been using frozen shad and various Walmart 'catfish bait' (total waste of $$ so far). Frozen shad work at times. But then again, I had a shad out back trolling last week and was casting a plug for bass and landed (and released) a pretty nice blue cat on a bass plug (not at Pine Island though). Wish these damn catfish would make up their minds what they want to eat...
    We were fishing one night for stripers with live eels, 4 hours on the clock and full moon weekend and not a bite, i mean skanked :o.
    My cousin, who is the inovator/inventor on the family start eating a bologne and cheese sandwich and he gets an idea :o
    He puts a thick piece of bologne on his hook,i swear the god,and he sends it down, as soon as hits bottom his reel start singing, he locks it, pulls hard, and what do you know,5 minutes later a 12 lbs bluefish comes up.As soon as i saw that, start the engines and head back to the marina.Did not take him fishing for a while, i was so pi$%ed at him.
    GIORGOS
    SKIFFLESS BUT NOT BOATLESS

Thanks

Wonder what he would have caught if he had put bologna AND cheese on the hook 014

+ Reply to Thread