EZ Pump not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Pump not working

Got half way to my offshore spot and found all of my live pogies floating dead. The livewells work as expected until you are on plane and there is no flow to either livewell.

Dealership can't get me in till next week and I've got fishing plans this weekend coming up. Anyone run into this and can suggest something I can check?

Is your live well pipe pickup on the bottom hull or back transom?

If on the transom. you need to add a 90 degree elbo that will protrude a little below the bottom hull or it cannot pickup water while on plane. PVC from the hardware works, also cut the end protruding down on a 45 degree angle and that will help the water flow up while at speed.
    You can also add some mesh or screen held with a zip tie to keep out grass etc... that can clog pump.

Comment

Originally posted by BareHook View Post
      Is your live well pipe pickup on the bottom hull or back transom?

If on the transom. you need to add a 90 degree elbo that will protrude a little below the bottom hull or it cannot pickup water while on plane. PVC from the hardware works, also cut the end protruding down on a 45 degree angle and that will help the water flow up while at speed.
      You can also add some mesh or screen held with a zip tie to keep out grass etc... that can clog pump.
      Or get one of these
      https://www.ebay.com/p/T-h-Marine-EZ...xoCIvIQAvD_BwE
      sigpic
      Former 2002 Regulator 21 Classic
      Former 2008 238 DLV, 140 Suzuki

Current 2001 CS Classic Series 16' w/ 30 Hp Evinrude
      Current 2002 Grady White escape 21 w/200 HPDI Yamaha

Comment

I had the same problem , it was killing me . Damn pump motor had to to be pulled out to reprime and was difficult to get to . I had the ez pump suction piece of junk . I moved it lower so it would scoop water underway and it just tore apart . someone said that you could drill a 3/8 " hole in the top of it and that would fix it .
        But I had already installed a thru - hull scoop suction moving the pump off the transom and stands straight up in the bilge area , really easy to access but doesn't matter because I never ever ever lose a prime now ...yay !!!

Comment

This is my possibly

Comment

Should my bait well pumps work when not underway, or do they only work when boat is underway?
            2014 DLV 198
            2014 Yamaha 115

Comment

Should work both ways.
              sigpic
              Former 2002 Regulator 21 Classic
              Former 2008 238 DLV, 140 Suzuki

Current 2001 CS Classic Series 16' w/ 30 Hp Evinrude
              Current 2002 Grady White escape 21 w/200 HPDI Yamaha

Comment

Working...
              X