Inshore Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inshore Reels

Hey guys, going to Morehead in Oct to do some inshore fishing. Probably targeting Drum, Sheepshead and maybe the occasional Flounder (just to release). What are some good reels that will handle salt, has decent drag and pretty good overall. I can get a good deal on Penn stuff. Was looking a the Feirce 2 stuff. Opinions???
    Thanks!!
    218 DLX 115 Yamaha 4 Stroke

I like the Shamino line up and have a lot of their reels.
    Also have a few Diawa Saltist reels. Super smooth drag and can handle heavier stuff
    sigpic
    Former 2002 Regulator 21 Classic
    Former 2008 238 DLV, 140 Suzuki

Current 2001 CS Classic Series 16' w/ 30 Hp Evinrude
    Current 2002 Grady White escape 21 w/200 HPDI Yamaha

Comment

Shimano Saragosa SW SRG6000SW

Once you have used this reel, you will never go back.
      Last edited by mullet; 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM.
      2008 198 DLV - Suzuki 115 PowerTech LNR4 14 x 17 - 4 Blade

Comment

Battle

If you get good deals on Penn get a Battle 3000 combo. Good stuff for the money.
        sigpic1965 DLX - Current motor is an anchor

Comment

I use Penn Spinfisher V & VI, like them. Would like to try the spinfisher slammer but haven't convinced myself to spend that much money on inshore reels yet. I just rinse them with fresh water after every trip, they are in perfect condition. I also use Penn spinfisher V 7500's for shark fishing, have caught hammerheads and bulls up to approx 9' on them, the Penns have have not been ripped apart yet. Prior to going on my Spring Fl Keys tarpon/shark trip I wanted a couple more spinning rigs. After much research and talking to the guys at tackle shop, I purchased 2 Daiwa BG 6500 reels and Ugly sticks, really like them. They are smoother than the Penn spinfisher reels and held up to the tarpon and sharks. So far, they have held up to the salt with no issues. I am getting a couple BG2500 or 3000 for inshore fishing, hopefully they will hold up to the salt as well as the Penn reels have.
          Sold - 2006 DLX2180, Suzuki 115, SIMRAD electronics

Comment

I'm using Penn Battle II's. Great combo for Redfish, speckled trout, flounder, etc.
            2014 JVX20, 90 Suzuki, Riptide ST80 w/iPilot, Lowrance HDS5

Comment

Working...
            X