UKBL ~ 10 Second Banner Rotator

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easternshore of va and md skiff owners?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Easternshore of va and md skiff owners?

    Whos all from the easternshore of va and md?

    Atlantic, va here........
    sigpic2018 258 dlv

  • #2
    Since no one else has replied, I'm not from either but not far off. Delmar, DE. I fish the Tangier sound a lot and many of the creeks and rivers in that area.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not located there, but I do love that area. I try to get out there for at least a few days each summer, launching from Oyster.
      2002 J16 w/ 1995 Suzuki DT25

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DZone View Post
        Not located there, but I do love that area. I try to get out there for at least a few days each summer, launching from Oyster.

        WHEN YOU GO OUT OF OYSTER ARE YOU TARGETING TARPON? iVE BEEN WANTING TO GET DOWN THERE FOR THAT IN JULY AND AUGUST.

        Last edited by ianred1; 06-15-2018, 03:43 AM.
        sigpic2018 258 dlv

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by i-got-da-crabz View Post
          since no one else has replied, i'm not from either but not far off. Delmar, de. I fish the tangier sound a lot and many of the creeks and rivers in that area.

          i should have just said the delmarva pennisula.lol
          sigpic2018 258 dlv

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ianred1 View Post
            WHEN YOU GO OUT OF OYSTER ARE YOU TARGETING TARPON?
            I’d love to figure out how to target them. If you learn how to do it, maybe post up and let us know how it goes.

            Mostly, I target puppy drum and fluke, then end up playing with the sharks for a while just for fun.
            2002 J16 w/ 1995 Suzuki DT25

            Comment


            • #7
              Yorktown, Va.
              17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
              01 J16 Mariner 15hp

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Corey Skay View Post
                Yorktown, Va.

                Caught 3 keeper cobia and lost one monster and saw 10 little guys sunday, it was a sheet of glass in the eastern mid upper bay till it switched to SE around 330pm. turned to 3 footers around 6pm in the Pocomoke sound , tried for reds and blacks on the oyster rocks , with no luck holding bottom with my standard fluke anchor we gave up around 9pm.

                You do any good this weekend?
                Last edited by ianred1; 06-18-2018, 08:19 AM.
                sigpic2018 258 dlv

                Comment


                • #9
                  nice work, we didn't have the same luck. Went out Saturday, trolled for Mackerel until the sun was high enough but only caught blues. We seen around a dozen fish, hooked up to 6 and caught 4 shorts. We only saw 2 that had some real size to them but they went down before we could cast on them. Back at it on Saturday, going to start the morning off chumming this time. Weather isn't looking to promising as of now though.
                  17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
                  01 J16 Mariner 15hp

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Corey Skay View Post
                    nice work, we didn't have the same luck. Went out Saturday, trolled for Mackerel until the sun was high enough but only caught blues. We seen around a dozen fish, hooked up to 6 and caught 4 shorts. We only saw 2 that had some real size to them but they went down before we could cast on them. Back at it on Saturday, going to start the morning off chumming this time. Weather isn't looking to promising as of now though.

                    That's what we did Sunday, Chummed all day. The cow nose rays were aweful ,we must have hooked and fought 20 . first fun of the morning was 3 on at the same time with 6 lines over, what a way to wake up for the day.


                    sigpic2018 258 dlv

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Fish mostly the upper bay but do venture down your way for the flounder Ian. Went out Saturday but the bay was chocolate milk up north and the boat traffic was horrible. Caught a few small strippers but nothing to write home about.
                      2015 198 DLV 115 Suzuki
                      80ST Riptide

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X