Chesapeake Bay Cobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Bay Cobia

I've read some that they are making their way into the bay, but mostly being seen out at the oceanfront. I'm going out Saturday looking for them, didn't know if anyone had any hot spots for the early season.. I'm planning on running to the CBBT, and possibly venturing out on the ocean side.
    17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
    01 J16 Mariner 15hp

Originally posted by Corey Skay View Post
    I've read some that they are making their way into the bay, but mostly being seen out at the oceanfront. I'm going out Saturday looking for them, didn't know if anyone had any hot spots for the early season.. I'm planning on running to the CBBT, and possibly venturing out on the ocean side.

Ive seen a few pictures on chris's bait and tackles facebook page. I'm personally gonna wait till next weekend and go out of Onancock , they are always here by then. Caught a few citations last year here, went to the CBBT shoals in the morning and got skunked , then traveled back to Onancock and smoked them , all 3 boats around me landed 3 to 4 nice ones .

Ive been told they are tearing them up in NC.
    Last edited by ianred1; 05-30-2018, 09:29 AM.
    sigpic2018 258 dlv

Comment

That's a bit north for me, I basically stick from the york spit to the CBBT.
      17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
      01 J16 Mariner 15hp

Comment

Originally posted by Corey Skay View Post
        That's a bit north for me, I basically stick from the york spit to the CBBT.

York split is usally a hot spot, id think theyd be there by this weekend for sure
        sigpic2018 258 dlv

Comment

So did you put a skimmer transducer on your step down . Does it work perfectly? I'm thinking of trying that route next, I just didn't wanna put 5 more screw holes in my boat.
          sigpic2018 258 dlv

Comment

yeah that is what I did, it holds bottom into the mid to upper 20's. I need to raise it up a hair. Always suck putting holes under the waterline.
            17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
            01 J16 Mariner 15hp

Comment

fished Saturday in the Cobia East Coast Championship put together in Gloucester to benefit the youth and high school wrestling teams. Didn't win any money but the fish were thick out there, seen 31, landed 5, 2 keepers, plus a citation red drum. Should be a great summer.
              17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
              01 J16 Mariner 15hp

Comment

Were gonna cobia fish this weekend, Weve been focusing on the black drum in our area of the Chesapeake. We've all been smoking them up here. biggest in our area so far that ive seen weighed in has been 72 pounds. lots of ones in the 40's up here in the Pocomoke sound area.

sigpic2018 258 dlv

Comment

nice, they should be up your way. 1st place in the tournament was 79.8 lbs. I believe it was caught around the York Spit area.
                  17 258 DLV Yamaha 200hp
                  01 J16 Mariner 15hp

Comment

Working...
                  X