Gettinng ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettinng ready

Well we got the 40 lbs of necks cut up and the 1,200 foot of trot line baited and was really getting the fever. Only 18 days before the season opens. Then the weather man took the wind right out of our sails with a forcast of 12 - 18 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. What a bummer after several 70 - 80 degree days. I must have ticked off Mother Nature.

Originally posted by Capt Ollie View Post
    Well we got the 40 lbs of necks cut up and the 1,200 foot of trot line baited and was really getting the fever. Only 18 days before the season opens. Then the weather man took the wind right out of our sails with a forcast of 12 - 18 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. What a bummer after several 70 - 80 degree days. I must have ticked off Mother Nature.
    Well we got the boat before the snow. Added the name and got started on the prop stick for running the trot line. Have to wait for the snow to melt before I can do any more
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Capt Ollie; 03-14-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I am probably the only one who doesn't know this; but, What are you after?
      2016 178 DVL - Suzuki DF90A ** Seastar Hydraulic Steering

Comment

I'm not sure what you are asking but come April 1st we will be trying to catch Blue Crabs in the Magothy River off the Cheaspeake Bay.

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Ollie View Post
          I'm not sure what you are asking but come April 1st we will be trying to catch Blue Crabs in the Magothy River off the Cheaspeake Bay.

Does that answer your question?
          Can you send a picture of this trot line for crabs
          DLV 198 chassed by Yamaha 115
          GatorTrax 1944 GTRXD 37 EFI

Comment

Here is a link for a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JPvKjCjdfA

A link for pics

https://www.google.com/search?q=trot...h=574&dpr=1.38

Comment

When I read chicken necks that is what I thought. I have caught lots of blue crabs Savannah Ga but I don't think it is legal to catch crabs on a trot line in Ga. That is why I was asking. Thanks for the video that was interesting and I bet they taste good!
              2016 178 DVL - Suzuki DF90A ** Seastar Hydraulic Steering

Comment

Sweet looking boat Capt. Ollie.
                Can't believe this weather. Last year at this time I was catching,not a lot but catching. Maybe another 2 weeks over here.

Comment

Depth/ Fish Finder

df.jpg

Well the weather cooperated a little and my son and I got the depth finder installed last weekend. Not much free space on the JVX 18 SC so I went with a HOOK 3X which is small but fits our needs. I have the wheel in the up position for the pic but it clears in all positions. The next addition should be a 90 degree rod holder and PVC guide on the port side for setting out the trotline. Will add a pic when that is done. Temps going back down to 21 degrees today so I guess that will have to wait for a warmer day.

Comment

Looks you you got lucky with the wheel being able to operate in all positions
                    2017 218 DLV
                    150 Yamaha

Comment

Working...
                    X