PDA

View Full Version : Custom Carolina Skiff Fabrication

martinmarinedesign
11-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Hello Carolina Skiff Owners!

My name is Raymond Martin and I own a fabrication shop in Hardeeville, South Carolina. We do a lot of customizing for the local Carolina Skiff Dealer. We have done t-tops, poling platforms, leaning posts, hard tops, custom deck seating, every imaginable rail configuration, etc. I am more than happy to share my knowledge and experience with custom products made for Carolina Skiff Hulls.

In the next few posts, I will be posting pictures of some of the neat products we have made for Carolina Skiff owners.

The first item is a custom wakeboard tower, poling platform, pizza holder. The owner wanted a convenient way to store pizza because his kids love pizza so, we built a small shelf under the platform to hold a pizza box.

Best regards,
Raymond Martin
Martin Marine Design

lakebiker
11-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd like to see some of your leaning posts with estimated cost.
Thanks in advance.

Harry
11-23-2007, 09:20 PM
I encourage you to have a look at Raymond's Store found on our hompepage, under "Site Sponsors"

He makes some Sweet stuff for the CS boats !!!

lakebiker
11-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Harry, I'd be glad too but guess I'm blind. I don't see the site sponsors or Raymonds store on the home page. What am I missing??

Harry
11-23-2007, 10:55 PM
On the home page, look at the right side column towards the bottom. His banner is there titled " Martin Marine Design" If you clcik on it , it will direct you to his store.

Let me know if you still cannot find it. I see it and I see it also logged in as a "guest "

lakebiker
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I'm blind however that link only takes you to Ebay. I was kind of looking for his web site to "window" shop a little. A Google look still only goes to Ebay. Any other info?
Thanks

Harry
11-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah, I'm blind however that link only takes you to Ebay. I was kind of looking for his web site to "window" shop a little. A Google look still only goes to Ebay. Any other info?
Thanks

Thats odd, when I click on that link, it takes me right to his e-bay store. I'm logged in on e-bay. Maybe you have to log in there? 006

Harry
11-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Also I just tried it again "not logged into e-bay" and that link took me to his store.

Anyway here is his e-bay user name
martinmarinedesign

He makes some KILLER CS stuff, be sure to check Raymond out !!!!

Do a user search there and you will find him.
I really need to know if the link is working for others. If anyone try's the link please let me know how you make out. Thanks

martinmarinedesign
11-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Hello Lakebiker,

Send me your email and I will be more than glad to send you some pictures of my leaning posts. You can email me directly at lunker@hargray.com

Thanks!

Raymond

lakebiker
11-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Raymond,
It's on my profile.
Thanks

koolj
11-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Hello Carolina Skiff Owners!

My name is Raymond Martin and I own a fabrication shop in Hardeeville, South Carolina. We do a lot of customizing for the local Carolina Skiff Dealer. We have done t-tops, poling platforms, leaning posts, hard tops, custom deck seating, every imaginable rail configuration, etc. I am more than happy to share my knowledge and experience with custom products made for Carolina Skiff Hulls.

In the next few posts, I will be posting pictures of some of the neat products we have made for Carolina Skiff owners.

The first item is a custom wakeboard tower, poling platform, pizza holder. The owner wanted a convenient way to store pizza because his kids love pizza so, we built a small shelf under the platform to hold a pizza box.

Best regards,
Raymond Martin
Martin Marine Design

Have you done any steps for DLX boats - that front deck is a little high to get up and down on

martinmarinedesign
11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
I do make a step to make it easier to step up onto the front deck. My step folds down and features an aluminum cross bar with a rubber insert for great traction. Cost is 185.00 with shipping and hardware included. I should have some pictures by next week.

Thanks!
Raymond

Loki
11-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey Harry, the link works fine for me. I also want to welcome Raymond to the site!

Mike

Harry
11-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Harry, the link works fine for me. I also want to welcome Raymond to the site!

Mike

Thanks Mike.
Check out those rear jump seats Raymond makes, Thier fricking sweet !!!

koolj
11-27-2007, 09:29 PM
I do make a step to make it easier to step up onto the front deck. My step folds down and features an aluminum cross bar with a rubber insert for great traction. Cost is 185.00 with shipping and hardware included. I should have some pictures by next week.

Thanks!
Raymond

I would be real intrested - can't wait to see the pics when you get the opportunity to put them up

martinmarinedesign
11-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Koolj,

I will be sure to let you know when the pictures become available. I am waiting on some hardware to arrive. We will be mounting the step on a 2006 DLX currently in the shop. The step will be mounted in the center of the deck between the two hatch compartments.

Thanks,
Raymond

koolj
11-29-2007, 08:53 AM
looking forward to it

martinmarinedesign
12-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Hello Koolj,

Here is a picture of the front deck step. It is constructed out of anodized aluminum with a rubber insert for traction. Also, the hinge assembly features delrin washers for no metal to metal contact.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Raymond

Slab
12-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I would like to see a picture of the step mounted in a dlx . I did not see the step for sale yet on your e-bay sight. Thanks

Slab

martinmarinedesign
12-05-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello Slab,
The boat we made this step for is out of the shop because the fishing has been so good lately. We just got the hardware to build these steps so we have to reschedule a time to mount it. I will post some pictures as soon as we get the boat back in the shop.

Thanks for your interest!

Raymond

martinmarinedesign
12-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Here are some pictures of the installed front deck step for the DLX hulls.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/th_boatstep3.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/boatstep3.jpg)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/th_boatstep2.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/boatstep2.jpg)
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/th_boatstep.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/Martin-Marine-Design/boatstep.jpg)

koolj
12-06-2007, 09:16 PM
looks good and simple - is there any type of bracing behind where it is screwed into

Harry
12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
I was wondering about the bulkhead "flexing" as well ? Any issue's with that Raymond ?

martinmarinedesign
12-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I used two backing plates to install the step. The backing plates were made from 1/4 aluminum flat bar, 2" X 4". Because the deck is not attached to the floor of the hull, there is a very small amount of flex at the bottom of the deck where the deck meets the floor. However, it is not noticeable when you use the step. To remove the flex, you could install a small block or bracket inside the deck area just below the step.

Raymond

strike hold
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Raymond, I have a 2390 DLX extra wide and I have been thinking of having a small platform/ tower put above the t-top. No controls maybe just somthing to lean on. Have any ideas ? If so please PM or make a post letting me know. :) Also could you give a ball park price. 013

martinmarinedesign
01-28-2008, 09:37 PM
Hello Strike Hold,
As long as your top is adequately braced, the platform on top should not be very complicated. Unless, you wanted to drive the boat from up there and then the price goes way up. More than likely, your top will have to be modified with perhaps some steps to the top and a non skid platform to stand on. The actual part you will lean on will need to be able to either hinge or easily removable so you can still trailer the boat. I have done these before, both simple and very complicated versions. I estimate the most simple addition would cost in the neighborhood of 1500.00 for everything previously listed. Can you post some pictures of your boat? I would be able to give a more exact estimation after viewing your top.

Raymond

strike hold
01-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks Raymond I will try to post a few pix but if not, I`m not far from you maybe I will just bring it down. I am sure we may need to beef up the t-top a little but I fugired that. Thanks alot for the quick feedback. I plan to do this in about 2 months. I will be in contact soon.

Dave
01-29-2008, 11:49 AM
TWO MONTHS - Man, you'll be busy fishin' then 010 Best get over there before Raymond gets covered up... ;D ;D ;D

Just a thought - Hey it ain't my money 006 005

Dave

strike hold
01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Good point 1st sgt. but my wife and I just had a new baby girl come into our lives. I`m guessing it will take 2 months to hide away enough money from moma ;D

Harry
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Good point 1st sgt. but my wife and I just had a new baby girl come into our lives. I`m guessing it will take 2 months to hide away enough money from moma ;D

Not to side track your thread, but congratulations on the new baby !!

Dave
01-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I`m guessing it will take 2 months to hide away enough money from moma ;D

That's a VERY GOOD point ;D Congrats on the baby girl too 010

Dave

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM

Congrats on the new addition to your family. 012

strike hold
01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks alot guys :) its my first so I am very excited 010 010. Cant wait till she can fish with me.

martinmarinedesign
01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Yes! Congrats on the new addition to your boat community! I imagine boating is far from topping your priority list. Just let me know when you get ready or if you have any questions.

Raymond

Harry
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
bump and move

small boat junkie
02-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Raymond do have the pics of the wake board tower?